The New Osburn 1700 Wood Burning Fireplace Insert With Built In Blower. The 1700 Wood Insert`s Quality Construction And Simple Non Catalytic Clean Burning Operation Is Capable Of Heating Up To 1800 Square Feet While Accepting A Full Length 18" Log.
Like its larger counterpart Osburn 2000, the 1700 insert offers a revamped version of perfect size to provide ambiance and warmth. Give yourself a real haven of peace with an eco-friendly device whose average particle emission rate is prodigiously low at 1.26 g/h!
Inside and out, this insert is engineered from high quality materials that put you at the center of a heating experience for many years: high-density bricks, cast iron door and quiet blower for increased durability. Discover the different options to customize the look of your appliance, available in black or brushed nickel plated: door overlays, faceplates and faceplate trims.
APPLIANCE PERFORMANCE (1)
|Fuel type :||Dry cordwood|
|Recommended heating area (sq.ft.) : ()||500 - 1,800|
|Overall firebox volume :||1.9|
|Maximum burn time : ()||6 h|
|Maximum heat output (dry cordwood) : (2)||65,000 BTU/h (19 kW)|
|Overall heat output rate (min. to max.) : (2) (3)||15,650 BTU/h (4.6 kW) to 23,300 BTU/h (6.83 kW)|
|Average overall efficiency (EPA cribs / Douglas fir) : (3)||N.A. (HHV) (4)||N.A. (LHV) (5)|
|Average overall efficiency (dry cordwood) : (3)||70 % (HHV) (4)||75 % (LHV) (5)|
|Optimum efficiency : (6) (7)||78 %|
|Average particulate emissions rate : (8)||1.26 g/h|
|Average CO : (9)||58 g/h|
(1) Values are as measured per test method, except for the recommended heating area, firebox volume, maximum burn time and maximum heat output.
() Recommended heating area and maximum burn time may vary subject to location in home, chimney draft,heat loss factors, climate, fuel type and other variables. The recommended heated area for a given appliance is defined by the manufacturer as its capacity to maintain a minimum acceptable temperature in the designated area in case of a power failure.
(2) The maximum heat output (dry cordwood) is based on a loading density varying between 15 lb/ft³ and 20 lb/ft³. Other performances are based on a fuel load prescribed by the standard. The specified loading density varies between 7 lb/ft³ and 12 lb/ft³. The moisture content is between 19% and 25%.
(3) As measured per CSA B415.1-10 stack loss method.
(4) Higher Heating Value of the fuel.
(5) Lower Heating Value of the fuel.
(6) Performances based on a fuel load prescribed by the standard at 7 lb/ft³ and with a moisture content between 19% and 25%.
(7) Optimum overall efficiency at a specific burn rate (LHV).
(8) This appliance is officially tested and certified by an independent agency.
(9) Carbon monoxyde.
|High-efficiency EPA certified appliance||Yes, EPA 2020 approved|
|Maximum log length||18"|
|Log positioning||Over width|
|Flue outlet diameter||6"|
|Type of chimney||Liner - ULC-S635, CAN/ULC-S640, UL1777|
|Minimum chimney height (feet)||15'|
|Approved for a mobile home installation||No|
|Shipping Weight||361 lb (164 kg)|
|Door type||Single, glass with cast iron frame|
|Glass type||Ceramic glass|
|Glass surface – dimensions (Width X Height)||15 3/4" x 9 3/8"|
|Glass air-wash system||Yes|
|Premium quality blower included (CFM)||144|
|Overall dimension (Height)||21 1/4"|
|Overall dimension (Width)||27 1/8"|
|Overall dimension (Depth)||22 3/8"|
|Door opening – dimension (Height)||8 3/4"|
|Door opening - dimension (Width)||17 1/4''|
|Firebox – dimension (Height)||11 7/8"|
|Firebox – dimension (Width)||19 5/8"|
|Firebox – dimension (Depth)||13 1/2"|
|Firebox lined with refractory bricks for better heat distribution||Yes|
|Stainless-steel secondary-air system improving gas combustion||Yes|
|Adjustable threaded legs||Yes|
|Steel thickness – body||3/16"|
|Steel thickness – top||5/16"|
|Fireplace opening – minimum (Height)||21 1/2"|
|Fireplace opening – minimum (Width)||27 1/2"|
|Fireplace opening – minimum (Depth)||12 7/8"|
|USA standard (emissions)||EPA|
|Canadian Standard (emissions)||CSA B415.1-10|
|USA standard (safety)||UL 1482, UL 737|
|Canadian standard (safety)||ULC-S628|
|Tested and listed as per applicable standards||By an accredited laboratory (CAN/USA)|
|Minimum clearances to combustibles*
(Data expressed in inches. 1 inch = 25.4 mm)
|Clearance – top (measured from the platform on which the appliance is installed)**||84"||84"|
|Clearance – combustible side mantle to unit||9"||9"|
|Clearance – combustible top mantle to unit||27"||27"|
|Clearance – combustible side wall to unit||16"||16"|
|Clearance – minimum floor protection in front of the appliance||18"||16"|
* The information given on the certification label affixed to the appliance always overrides the information published in any other media (owner's manual, catalogues, flyers, magazines and/or web sites).
** Some appliances have been tested with a low ceiling. Before setting up your unit, refer to the installation manual.