Osburn 3500 Large Wood Burning Fireplace Insert - ob03510
The New Osburn 3500 Wood Burning Fireplace Insert, This Huge Firebox Fireplace Insert Boasts A Powerfill 110k Btu Output , Heating Up To 2700 Square Feet. Quality Construction & A Large Viewing Window Makes The Osburn 3500 A Great Choice For Heating Larger Spaces!
The Osburn 3500 wood insert combines power, efficiency and safety. With its amazing features and sober lines that give way to one of the largest glass surfaces in its category, this insert will blend perfectly with the architecture of your home. Its flawless design reveals all the Canadian know-how in terms of alternative heating and will quickly become the house favorite. No harsh winter can resist it!
Because each house is unique, choose the door overlay, the faceplate and the trims that suit you!
- BTU 110,000
- BTU Heating Capacity 1,000-2,700 sq ft
- Firebox Size 3.5 cu ft
- Log Length 22”
- Flue Pipe Diameter 6”
- Width 30 3/8” Depth (Overall)
- 29” Height 25 3/4”
- Weight 540 lbs
Appliance performance (1)
|Fuel type :||Dry cordwood (16" recommended)|
|Recommended heating area-ft² : (*)||1,000 - 2,700|
|Overall firebox volume-ft³ :||3.5|
|EPA loading volume-ft³ :||2.88|
|Maximum burn time : (*)||10 h|
|Maximum heat output-dry cordwood : (2)||110,000 BTU/h (32.2 kW)|
|Overall heat output rate < : (2) (3)||17,200 BTU/h (5.0 kW) to 57,800 BTU/h (16.9 kW)|
|Average overall efficiency (dry cordwood) : (3)||71 % (HHV) (4)||76 % (LHV) (5)|
|Optimum overall efficiency : (6) (7)||77 %|
|Optimum heat transfer efficiency : (8)||75 %|
|Average particulate emissions rate : (9)||1.6 g/h|
|Average CO : (10)||73 g/h|
(1) Values are as measured per test method, except for the recommended heating area, firebox volume, maximum burn time and maximum heat output.
(*) Recommended heating area and maximum burn time may vary subject to location in home, chimney draft,heat loss factors, climate, fuel type and other variables. The recommended heated area for a given appliance is defined by the manufacturer as its capacity to maintain a minimum acceptable temperature in the designated area in case of a power failure.
(2) The maximum heat output (dry cordwood) is based on a loading density varying between 15 lb/ft³ and 20 lb/ft³ and reloading intervals ranging from 60 to 120 minutes. Other performances are based on a fuel load prescribed by the standard without any reloading between start and finish. The specified loading density varies between 7 lb/ft³ and 12 lb/ft³. The moisture content is between 19% and 25%.
(3) As measured per CSA B415.1-10 stack loss method.
(4) Higher Heating Value of the fuel.
(5) Lower Heating Value of the fuel.
(6) Performances based on a fuel load prescribed by the standard at 7 lb/ft³ and with a moisture content between 19% and 25%.
(7) Optimum overall efficiency at a specific burn rate (LHV).
(8) The optimum heat transfer efficiency is for the low burn rate (using HHV) and represents the appliance’s ability to convert the energy contained in the wood logs into energy transferred to the room in the form of heat and does not take into account the chemical losses during combustion.
(9) This appliance is officially tested and certified by an independent agency.
(10) Carbon monoxyde.
|High-efficiency certified appliance||Yes, EPA 2020 approved|
|Maximum log length||22"|
|Log positioning||Loading over width and over depth|
|Flue outlet diameter||6"|
|Type of chimney||Liner - ULC-S635, CAN/ULC-S640, UL1777|
|Minimum chimney height (feet)||15'|
|Baffle type||C-Cast or equivalent|
|Approved for a mobile home installation||No|
|Shipping Weight||540 lb (245 kg)|
|Door type||Single, glass with cast iron frame|
|Glass type||Ceramic glass|
|Glass surface – dimensions (Width X Height)||18 7/8" X 11 3/4"|
|Glass air-wash system||Yes|
|Premium quality blower included (CFM)||144|
|Overall dimension (Height)||24 7/8"|
|Overall dimension (Width)||30 3/8"|
|Overall dimension (Depth)||29"|
|Door opening – dimension (Height)||9 7/8"|
|Door opening - dimension (Width)||19"|
|Firebox – dimension (Height)||12 7/8"|
|Firebox – dimension (Width)||22 7/8"|
|Firebox – dimension (Depth)||20 1/8"|
|Firebox lined with refractory bricks for better heat distribution||Yes|
|Stainless-steel secondary-air system improving gas combustion||Yes|
|Steel thickness – body||3/16"|
|Steel thickness – top||5/16"|
|Fireplace opening – minimum (Height)||26 1/4"|
|Fireplace opening – minimum (Width)||31"|
|Fireplace opening – minimum (Depth)||18 3/8"|
|USA standard (emissions)||EPA|
|Canadian Standard (emissions)||CSA B415.1-10|
|USA standard (safety)||UL 1482, UL 737|
|Canadian standard (safety)||ULC S628|
|Tested and listed as per applicable standards||By an accredited laboratory (CAN/USA)|
|Minimum clearances to combustibles*
(Data expressed in inches. 1 inch = 25.4 mm)
|Clearance – top (measured from the platform on which the appliance is installed)**||84"||84"|
|Clearance – combustible side mantle to unit||9"||9"|
|Clearance – combustible top mantle to unit||27"||27"|
|Clearance – combustible side wall to unit||19"||19"|
|Clearance - from the top of the unit to the shelf||27"|
|Clearance – from the top of the insert to the shelf||27"|
* The information given on the certification label affixed to the appliance always overrides the information published in any other media (owner's manual, catalogues, flyers, magazines and/or web sites).
** Some appliances have been tested with a low ceiling. Before setting up your unit, refer to the installation manual.